Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Centre Manager for the Dementia Research Centre
We are currently recruiting a centre manager for the newly established Dementia Research Centre, led by Associate Prof Nagaendran Kandiah at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
Our centre will be located at the Clinical Sciences Building, located in the heart of Singapore, will focus on human research in the field of neuropsychology, neuroimaging and biomarkers to elucidate the pathobiology of Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia and other related conditions. We aim to incorporate digital platforms and artificial intelligence in our path to translational research for cognitive disorders.
The lab will foster reciprocal interactions between the members of the lab and the members of the NTU life science clusters. We will provide exciting opportunities and vibrant atmospheres as well as state-of-arts core facilities. Excited and motivated individuals are all encouraged to apply.
For more information, please visit:
- Assist purchasing of equipment, materials and consumables and provide general supports for the centre
- Carry out research analyses in neuropsychology, neuroimaging and biomarkers
- Maintain research database and perform statistical analyses
- Management of grants and budget
- Coordinating research activities and ethics submission
- Support collaborative projects with other organizations
Skills and qualifications:
- The appointee should preferably have a PhD degree in psychology, biostatistics or neuroimaging, or other fields of life science. Candidates with a medical degree or master’s qualification in the relevant field may also apply.
- The appointee must have experience (at least 2 years) in the field of adult psychology or biomarkers or biostatistics or neuroimaging research. Expertise in cognitive neuropsychology, MATLAB, SPM will be an advantage.
- The appointee needs to be experienced in managing budgets and coordinating staff activity.
- The appointee needs to be highly collaborative and responsible.
- Experience in image analyses softwares such a SPM, MATLAB, freesurfer, large data analyses and artificial intelligence will be an advantage
- Applicants who have experience in psychology research, biostatistics and project management in other local institutes will be considered with priority.