The National Institute of Education (NIE) invites applications for a Project Officer position in the English Language and Literature AG. This is an 18-month contract post.
The project aims to develop on-line lessons and assessments as well as data-mining and analytical tools/apps for several graduate courses. The lessons and assessments will include video-recorded lectures, digital summaries of the literature, animated videos, and on-line assessments equipped with automated feedback. In addition to generating digital materials for teaching and assessment, the project aims to incorporate artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning. To achieve these goals, the project manager will help to conduct extensive literature reviews, create digitalized materials and content, and do other tasks assigned by the PI and Co-PI of the project.
The project manager will be expected to:
- Conducting extensive literature reviews in different fields related to language assessment, learning, psychology or other fields
- Creating digitalized content materials in the form of videos, animations, and/or podcasts etc. (see a sample here).
- Creating quizzes and tests and integrate them into online platforms
- Conducting data preparation and analysis (where necessary, training will be available)
- Designing statistical and analytical software / apps for the courses
- Providing administrative support in areas such as (but not limited to)
- preparation of pre and post meeting materials and agenda for team meetings
- taking minutes of meetings where necessary
- responding to email requests for information within and outside of NIE
- Providing teaching support in areas such as (but not limited to)
- preparation of rooms for teaching
- preparation of teaching materials (e.g. printing of course materials)
- A BA/BSc or MA/MSc or equivalent in computer sciences, data analytics, AI or relevant fields
- Expertise in programming skills (e.g., ability to use Python, R or similar languages)
- Experience in creating digitalized content such as videos, podcasts, etc.
- Experience in conducting literature reviews
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multitask, work independently and effectively in a team
- A pleasant personality coupled with a positive learning attitude
The closing date of the advertisement is 9 September 2021. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to the NIE campus. This is subject to availability of seats.