The Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (A*STAR) is seeking applications for the position of Research Fellow. The position will provide research opportunities in the area of adolescent mental health through our partnership with CERES. CERES is a research school in the field of International Development Studies (or Development Studies for short). Its mission is to ensure that the next generation of scientists and leaders in the broad areas of educational and child-focused technology will know how to work together on impactful research. By working with CERES across disciplinary and organizational boundaries, SICS will help shape the growth and development of the next generation of ASTAR researchers in the broad areas of educational and technology. SICS-CERES collaboration will contribute towards adolescent mental health using evidence-based, interdisciplinary methods to translate findings into real life solutions.
As a research fellow within the program, you will contribute towards SICS and CERES mission, by using novel, age-appropriate digital tools for monitoring and analyzing mental health and wellness in multiple adolescent populations over the course of the peri-pubertal transition. You will also participate in research meetings, training activities, empirical data collection, software development, analyze data and manuscript preparations.
The Research Fellow position will offer unique training opportunities at the interface of neuroscience, mental health, digital technologies and data science. The Fellow will work across multiple disciplines with existing longitudinal cohort data and newly-generated data from both clinical and community settings. The CERES partnership also offers opportunities to interact with research communities in the US and Canada, providing further training experience.
- Conduct original analyses of multidimensional, longitudinal data sets in collaboration with ASTAR researchers
- Meet weekly with Reporting Officer/Principal Investigator and join weekly discussions with a group of post-doctorate researchers and PI’s
- Interface and facilitate interactions with multi-disciplinary researchers, Clinical Operations, Data Management, Statistics, and Project Management.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications and grant process reports
- Partner with scientists in computing and engineering to bring digital solutions into studies of adolescent mental health
- Present findings both orally and in written form via presentations and publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Collaborate with the community the Fellows and PIs across A*STAR.
|Qualification & Field of Study||PhD in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or relevant field|
|Min. Years of Experience||0-2 years of relevant experience|
|Other Requirements (e.g. Skills, Competencies)||Knowledge of statistical software – SPSS, Mplus, Stata, etc, and programming languages, e.g. R, Python, etc, will be considered favorably|
To apply, please contact Andrew Wai at andrew_wai<at>sics.a-star.edu.sg.