The Human Neural Models lab, led by Principal Investigator Dr Alfred Sun, in Neuroscience and Behavioural Disorders (NBD) Programme of Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore, is looking for enthusiastic postdocs to develop and apply innovative human/rodent neural models to better understand neurodevelopment, maturation, and degeneration. For past research works from the lab, refer to this Google Scholar profile.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of research activities which include planning, organising and conducting research studies within the overall scope of a research project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, including but not limited to the following:
- Independently carry out the design and execution of experimental research required by the research component of the project.
- Write and review research papers, present research outcomes, conceptualise new ideas and develop plans for independent research which could have a considerable influence and impact on the relevant field attracting research funding.
- Provide support for external grant/protocol development, study design and management of research activities.
- Contribute to occasional educational/instructional activities and project management.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to undergraduate/medical students and research assistants.
- Maintain optimal experiment progress in the laboratory or in the research work undertaken.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described therein.
- PhD and/or post-graduate medical degree with at least 2 years’ relevant research experience and training.
- Entry level candidates may also be considered.
- Knowledge of the scientific background relevant to the research area and laboratory experimental skills, including cell culture, imaging, metabolism, lipids, mitochondria/ER, autophagy, microglia/immunology, senescence and ageing.
- Proven track record in the form of high impact publications.
- Demonstrated capability of research independence progressively.
- Strong writing and critical thinking skills, as well as good communication and presentation skills.
- A team player who is able to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively in a diverse workforce.
Interested applicant please send a CV and a cover letter to: alfred.sun<at>duke-nus.edu.sg.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.