About The Society for NeuroscienceThe Society for Neuroscience (SfN) is a US-based non-profit membership organization of scientists and physicians who study the brain and nervous system. Since inception in 1969, the Society has grown from 500 members to over 38,500. SfN is the world’s largest organization of scientists and physicians devoted to advancing understanding of the brain and nervous system. SfN has more than 100 North American chapters and an expanding number of international chapters. Chapters are a critical component of the Society’s ability to engage individuals in the field of neuroscience both nationally and internationally.
About The Singapore ChapterThe Singapore Chapter of the Society for Neuroscience advances neuroscience research, collaboration, and education in Singapore. Read our Mission Statement.
Sponsoring Institutions & Chapter Officers
The chapter’s sponsoring institutions include National University of Singapore, Duke-NUS Medical School, the National Neuroscience Institute, and Nanyang Technological University. Our elected officers are drawn from these institutions.
Membership is open to all persons who are interested in neuroscience. Membership in the Society for Neuroscience (US) is not a requirement for membership in the Singapore Chapter.
- Networking opportunities and social events.
- A forum for neuroscientists.
- Raise the visibility of your work and neuroscience in Singapore.
- A website and newsletter to improve communication between scientists.
- Coordinate and publicize neuroscience outreach.
Annual dues to join the SFN Singapore Chapter are modest and help to support SFN Singapore Chapter’s events and other activities.
- $50 for Regular Members (faculty, staff scientists, managers, and industry scientists)
- $10 for Postdoc and Postbac Members (research officers and postdoctoral trainees)
- $6 to be a Friend of Neuroscience (members of the public who want to participate in Chapter activities)
- $5 for Student Members (graduate and undergraduate students)
Make a donation to support the chapter