Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator/Research Assistant
Report To: Mervyn Lim Jun Rui
1. Job Description
The Division of Neurosurgery at the National University Hospital (NUH) is hiring a Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC)/ Research Assistant (RA) to conduct recruitment and data collection for ongoing cohort studies in the areas of health outcomes and cognition research in patients with brain tumors and spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage.
The CRC/RA will play an important role in research projects on the health-related quality of life, cognition, and end-of-life care of neurosurgical patients. Successful candidates will be expected to perform interviews with patients in local hospitals and at patients’ homes, conduct phlebotomy for blood collection, facilitate imaging scans for patients, and assist in data entry, management, and analysis.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
– Initiating and managing research cohort database
– Screening and recruitment of eligible participants
– Patient interviews using validated questionnaires and neuropsychological tests
– Phlebotomy for blood collection and transportation to blood & tissue lab for processing
– Facilitating imaging scans of patients’ neuroimaging protocol
– Data entry, data management, and data analysis
3. Job Requirements
– Minimum diploma in a psychology or science-related field
– Experience in conducting patient interviews and interviewer-administered surveys
– Knowledge of statistical software (e.g. RStudio)
– Good interpersonal skills
– Self-motivated, independent learner and detail-oriented
– Fluency in English and good writing skills (scientific writing)
– Fluency in Mandarin (understanding dialects, Malay or Tamil will be an advantage to liaise with research participants).
Applicants should send their CV/transcript to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org