The Bioactives and Human Health (BH2) mission is to develop novel nutritional bioactives that provide meaningful health benefits to humans. Robust clinical substantiation to yield credible proof of such benefits in humans is core to our activities. We conduct clinical research in Nutrition and Health, covering a wide spectrum of health benefits. We are particularly interested in studies on cognition, mood and sleep. Methodology development to improve study sensitivity, e.g. by developing digital biomarkers and employing decentralized studies, is an important aspect of our work.
The Clinical Research Fellow conceives, designs, executes, analyses and reports scientific projects in the field of nutritional bioactives and Brain Health, with an emphasis on clinical studies. He/she works closely with clinical operations team members, the Principal Investigator and relevant multidisciplinary scientific experts in A*STAR and beyond.
- Design clinical studies and prepare protocols, ensuring scientific rigour and operational attainability
- Conduct comprehensive and critical evaluations of scientific and methodological landscapes: define opportunity areas and propose new projects
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate networks with relevant scientific, operational, and technical collaborators, and where applicable industry partners
- Support and guide the preparation of ‘first time right’ IRB submission packages
- Provide guidance and where required hands-on support to the clinical operations activities (recruitment, data collection, data management, etc)
- Ensure proper data analysis, data interpretation, dissemination of study findings (publications, presentations)
- Actively seek funding opportunities, lead/contribute to grant applications and industry partner engagements
Qualification & Field of Study
· PhD degree in a relevant field, e.g. cognitive neuroscience, experimental psychology, psychopharmacology
Min. Years of Experience
· Minimal 1 year postdoctoral experience
· PhDs with good track record and no postdoctoral experience will be considered
Other Requirements (e.g. Skills, Competencies)
· Experience with the design, IRB approval, execution and analysis of (interventional) clinical studies
· Knowledge of clinical study methodology, GCP and human behavioural assessments techniques (e.g. mood assessments, cognitive performance testing)
· Creative and innovative mindset
· Broad scientific interest, willingness and ability to expand expertise in terms clinical research methodology and research areas
· Team player who enjoys working in multidisciplinary teams with a variety of scientific and technical experts
· Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills in English
· Experience with digital biomarkers and decentralized trials and/or knowledge in nutrition is considered a plus
Applicants can apply through the official A*star application page here. Selected applicants will be invited to a job interview.