The National Institute of Education (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) invite suitable applications for the position Part time or Full-time Student Assistant on a temporary contract for up to 40 hours per week for 5 months (with possibilities of extension) at the Office of Education Research.
Project Title: Collaborative Teaching Between Remote Higher Education Institutions: A Blended Synchronous Learning Approach to Educational Neuroscience
Project Information: Research on best practices to enhance blended learning with synchronous components have been conducted in recent years. These research efforts, however, have been limited and focused on common cultural contexts. This project aims to monitor students’ engagement while attending a blended cross-cultural course with synchronous components. A secondary aim of this study includes to assess different technology and pedagogical-mediated approaches aimed at improving students’ learning outcomes. The study results will inform the academic community on best practices to enhance the teaching quality and the student learning experience when implementing cross-cultural blended curses with synchronous components.
- Academic qualification:
Completed undergraduate degree or ongoing or completed graduate degree in Education and/or Psychology or similar areas
- Work experience:
- Prior experience conducting systematic literature reviews
- Prior experience conducting quantitative analysis
- Prior experience disseminating research findings targeting the general public and academic audiences
- Desirable interests, skills, and attributes:
- Programming skills
- Interest in effective blended learning in Higher Education settings
- Have good communication and organizational skills
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be a good team-player, proactive, and able to work independently
Target contract start and end date – Aug 2023 – Dec 2023 (with possibilities of extension)
Time Type up to 40 hours per week for 5 months total, flexible schedule
Location – NIE5-03-57E
Applicants should send their CVs and a letter of interest in the position to Dr. Astrid Schmied (email@example.com). Selected applicants will be invited to a job interview.