The National Institute of Education (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) invite suitable applications for the position part-time Student Assistant on a temporary contract for ~20 hours per week for 3 months (with possibilities of extension) at the Office of Education Research.
Project Title: Testing the Efficacy of School Activities Targeting Student Learning & Wellbeing
Project Information: The primary goal of this pilot study is to test whether different school-based activities, such as short sessions of mindful breathing and stretching exercises (called ‘brain breaks’), are effective or not in optimizing student learning and wellbeing using a combination of non-invasive neurophysiological and cognitive measures. If effective, the proposed pilot study will also seek to reveal the mechanism by which these activities influence students’ learning and wellbeing.
- Academic qualification:
Completed undergraduate degree or ongoing or completed graduate degree in Education and/or Psychology or similar areas
- Work experience:
- Prior experience designing interview protocols
- Prior experience conducting semi-structured interviews (in children and adults)
- Prior experience conducting quantitative analysis
- Prior experience disseminating research findings targeting the general public and academic audiences
- Desirable interests, skills, and attributes:
- Have good communication and organizational skills
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be a good team-player, proactive, and able to work independently
- To design semi-structured interview protocols, conduct semi-structured interviews, and complete qualitative analysis (summarizing, coding, and organizing relevant literature).
- To compute different statistical analyses for the findings obtained
- To contribute to research translation and dissemination of findings targeting the general public and academic audiences.
- To perform other tasks as required by the Principal Investigators.
Target contract start and end date – Aug 2023 – Oct 2023 (with possibilities of extension)
Time Type – 20 hours per week for 3 months total, flexible schedule
Location – NIE5-03-57E
Applicants should send their CVs and a letter of interest in the position to Dr. Astrid Schmied (firstname.lastname@example.org). Selected applicants will be invited to a job interview.